(Collective-Evolution) One strong theme among the citizenry of the world that receives no mainstream media attention is the issue of cell phone towers and the health/environmental threats they pose. There are thousands of peer-reviewed publications in vivo and in vitro that make it quite clear that electromagnetic radiation from our favourite gadgets, wireless devices, as well as the cell phone towers all over the globe are having a biological impact that’s a great cause for concern, or at the very least warrant appropriate safety testing before we continue down this path. This is something that has yet to be done. →
(Natural News) Cancer is widespread in America, killing thousands of people each year. However, various studies have found that pomegranates have anti-cancer properties, which can be used for the prevention and treatment of this dreaded disease. How pomegranates fight cancer. →
February 08, 2018 by: Ralph Flores
(Natural News) Researchers have discovered a mechanism that explains how reducing sugar can cause cancer cells to die. The study, which was published in the online journal Science Signaling, presented a novel cell death pathway through introducing how depriving cancer cells of sugar can trigger a reaction that causes them to die.
- This research builds on earlier scientific literature that indicates that cancer cells that quickly multiply need higher levels of sugar than normal cells.
- In the study, researchers found out that in certain cancer cells, the presence of low levels of sugar that are insufficient for providing energy may be used as a method to enhance the survivability of the cells.
- They also found out that when cancer cells are deprived of sugar, this causes a reaction across the cancer cell membrane and leads to an increased intake of calcium ions into the cells, which causes them to die ultimately.
- The team believes that this approach can be used in unique approaches to treating cancer. Initial tests in the study showed that depriving cancer cells of sugar and increasing the body’s calcium levels managed to destroy cancer cells while leaving the healthy ones unharmed.
- Also, only certain types of cancer cells were noted to have lost the capacity to maintain intercellular sugar levels after the treatment. Researchers believe that this only applies to cells which are sensitive to sugar deprivation.
The team plans to conduct further research to create possible treatment procedures from this approach in the future.
Lee HY, Itahana Y, Schuechner S, Fukuda M, Je HS, Ogris E, Virshup DM, Itahana K. CA2-DEPENDENT DEMETHYLATION OF PHOSPHATASE PP2AC PROMOTES GLUCOSE DEPRIVATION-INDUCED CELL DEATH INDEPENDENTLY OF INHIBITING GLYCOLYSIS. Science Signaling. 2018;11(512). DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1126/scisignal.aam7893
Source: Natural News